The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation’s (IICF) Texas/Southeast Division announced it is providing a record-breaking $505,000 in grants to area and regional nonprofits in 2015. The grants total is the largest to date since the Texas/Southeast Division’s inception in 2012.
The grants total was unveiled at IICF’s third annual Lone Star Legends Benefit Dinner, which was held at the Omni Dallas Hotel on February 5. The event recognized George W. Bush, the 43rd President of the United States, as the division’s 2015 Lone Star Legend Honoree. President Bush was the featured guest of the evening and engaged in a one-hour discussion with Bill Henry, Chairman and CEO of MHBT Inc. and Board Chair of IICF’s Texas/Southeast Division, in front of more than 700 attendees.
“I applaud all in the audience tonight and your support of IICF, adhering to the call to whom much is given, much is required. Your generosity is helping your communities, and it is important as you continue to succeed to give back to worthy causes such as this one,” said President Bush at the event.
The grants presented by IICF ranged from $10,000 to $50,000 and were provided to 18 nonprofits based in Dallas and across Texas and the Southeastern United States. The Texas/Southeast Division’s community grants program supports organizations that champion causes pertaining to children, education, and veterans.
“Every year, it is a privilege to attend the Lone Star Legends Benefit Dinner and witness the dedication of the local and regional members of the insurance industry,” said Bill Henry. “I am thrilled that 2015 saw our most successful fundraiser to date, with more than 700 insurance industry professionals joining us from 15 states. These funds will make a tremendous impact for our local communities throughout the coming year.”
The 18 recipients of IICF’s 2015 Texas/Southwest Division Grants are as follows:
· Austin Partners in Education (Austin, TX)
· Chickasaw Council, Boy Scouts of America (Memphis, TN)
· Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County (Dallas, TX)
· Children’s Health (Dallas, TX)
· Circle Ten Council, Boy Scouts of America (Dallas, TX)
· Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of North Texas (Dallas, TX)
· Disabled Veterans Insurance Careers (Fort Meyers, FL)
· George W. Bush Presidential Center (Dallas, TX)
· Junior Achievement of Dallas (Dallas, TX)
· Lakeshore Foundation (Birmingham, AL)
· Lena Pope (Fort Worth, TX)
· Mi Escuelita Preschool (Dallas, TX)
· Momentous Institute (Dallas, TX)
· People’s Community Clinic (Austin, TX)
· Ronald McDonald House of Dallas (Dallas, TX)
· Trafficking Hope (Baton Rouge, LA)
· West Dallas Community School (Dallas, TX)
· Woodrow Wilson High School Foundation (Dallas, TX)
For additional information on IICF, please visit www.iicf.org.
About the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF)
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation was established in 1994 and is completely directed and funded by the insurance industry. The foundation helps communities and enriches lives by uniting the collective strengths of the industry to provide grants, volunteer service and leadership. Since its inception in 1994, IICF has contributed more than $23.5 million in grants to charities and nearly 200,000 volunteer hours to hundreds of community nonprofit organizations. IICF is a registered not-for-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Learn more at about the IICF at www.iicf.org.