Dear Lawndale friends,
As a supporter of Lawndale, you help us showcase the best in local contemporary art by both emerging and established artists. Thank you.
Please help us continue to grow by donating to the 2011 Annual Fund. The Annual Fund helps support:
- More than 25 amazing exhibitions throughout the year, offering a glimpse into fresh, innovative art happening in the region right now.
- The Lawndale Artist Studio Program, providing three artists with studio space and much needed financial support for nine months, along with the opportunity to exhibit their work and so much more
- Educational workshops for artists, as well as for families
- The Big Show, the best show in town to see what's new in Houston contemporary art
- Design Fair, now featuring Texas designers and contemporary, as well as Modern design
- Día de los Muertos / Day of the Dead, a three-week long series of events celebrating folklife traditions in Mexico that engages so many diverse communities in Houston.
- Special opportunities for artists, such as the large-scale mural project recently completed by Houston artist, Daniel Anguilu.
Your tax-deductible donation absolutely makes a difference to us. Any amount is helpful, for instance $25 buys paint and supplies to repair the walls between exhibitions, $50 funds paper to print exhibition brochures that educate audiences and document each show, $500 pays for the quarterly elevator maintenance and inspection fees, $1,500 is one month of stipends for the three Artist Studio Program residents, $5,000 funds general expenses for a full round of exhibitions.
Please consider supporting us at this time of year when you make your annual giving contributions. Lawndale fulfills a unique role in the artistic landscape in Texas, and with your donation, we may continue to fulfill our mission of developing local contemporary artists and the audience for their art.
With all good wishes,
Christine Jelson West